HO Scale DF4E Locomotive Set (2 Units)
One-time limited production run of the DF4E class leader 0001A/0001B in as-delivered configuration with large windshields.
Set includes TWO locomotives which are both powered and DCC/sound equipped!
The DF4E is a two-unit, 7100hp diesel-electric locomotive used in freight operations in China from 1995 onwards. A total of 16 two-unit sets were built, numbering from DF4E 0001A/B to 0016A/B. The DF4E is heavily based on the earlier DF4B locomotives, major spotting differences are the DF4Es have a square cab and body profile, along with single cabs, as two units are coupled back-to-back in operation.
• First ever HO scale model of any form of the China Railways DF4E.
• Highly detailed injection-moulded plastic shell on a heavy die-cast chassis.
• Full underbody detail, including traction motor contours and operating drawbar assembly.
• Separately applied parts: airhorns, handrails, grab irons, steps/ladders, air intakes, see-through vents and clear windows.
• Visible diesel engine details in engine room section.
• Intricately detailed cab interiors.
• Accurately replicated truck sideframes with separately applied sand reservoir, sanding lines, brake components, shocks and springs, traction motor brackets.
• Premium LED lighting functions: headlights, markers, number lights, truck lights, cab, control desk, engine room lights.
• Operating radiator fans with blown shutter action on top of fan.
• Both A and B units powered with dual-flywheel motor. Each unit has 12-wheel power pickup and 6-axle drive
• Built-in ‘Stay Alive’ capacitors for continuous operation on dirty trackwork.
• ESU LokSound 5.0 decoders installed in both A and B units, with sounds recorded from a DF4E/DF4B. (DCC version only)
• Minimum Radius: 450mm / 18”
All Chinese-prototype locomotive models sold by Aurora Miniatures North America are tested and inspected prior to shipment, to ensure there are no quality issues or concerns.
Our shipping quotes for international shipments do not include Import Duty, GST/VAT or other carrier fees for shipments outside of Canada and you may need to pay for these additional charges at the time of delivery.