HO Scale DF5 Locomotive
One-time limited production run of the DF5 switcher in Korean State Railway service livery - will not be made again!
The DF5 is a popular diesel-electric locomotive used in yard and road switching duties across the China Railway network. The main production of this type of switcher took place at the Sifang Locomotive Works from 1984 to 2001, with a total of 950 units built.
An inline-8 turbocharged 8240ZJ/8240ZJC prime mover sends power to six ZQDR-410 DC traction motors. The six-axle switcher produces up to 1770 hp, with a maximum speed of 80 km/h.
As of 2021, many DF5 switchers are still in active service while some have been retired from China Railway. Several units have been preserved in various museums and railway parks across China. At least 8 retired units are known to be in service with the Korean State Railway.
• First ever HO scale model of any form of the China Railways DF5.
• Highly detailed die-cast shell on a die-cast chassis.
• Long hood forward operation per prototype practice.
• Full underbody detail, including traction motor contours and operating drawbar assembly.
• Separately applied parts: airhorns, handrails, grab irons, steps/ladders, air intakes, see-through vents and windows.
• Intricately detailed cab interiors.
• Accurately replicated truck sideframes with separately applied sand reservoir, sanding lines, brake components, shocks and springs, traction motor brackets.
• Premium LED lighting functions: headlights, markers, number lights, truck lights, cab, control desk.
• Operating radiator fan with blown shutter action on top of fan.
• Built-in smoke unit
• Dual-flywheel motor with 12-wheel power pickup and 6-axle drive.
• ESU LokSound 5.0 decoders installed in both A and B units, with sounds recorded from a DF5. (DCC version only)
• Minimum Radius: 450mm / 18”
All Chinese-prototype locomotive models sold by Aurora Miniatures North America are tested and inspected prior to shipment, to ensure there are no quality issues or concerns.
Our shipping quotes for international shipments do not include Import Duty, GST/VAT or other carrier fees for shipments outside of Canada and you may need to pay for these additional charges at the time of delivery.